Happy New Year! I had fun last year putting together a list of 15 fun facts, so decided to take on this challenge again for 2016.
1. My favorite dog breeds: Dachshunds, Beagles, Jack Russell Terriers.
2. I also love cats!
3. I studied French through high school and college, and can still speak conversational French (with occasional lapses into Franglais!).
4. I considered going to seminary to become an outreach minister.
5. My preteen crush was David Cassidy.
6. Carrots are my favorite vegetable. I like them served any way, but especially steamed (with or without butter).
7. The movie I have seen most in my life is The Sound of Music: by my best calculation, at least 50 times.
8. I am a longtime vegetarian. I think I was meant to be a vegetarian; I was that little girl who loved spinach, and who always hoped for a southern veggie plate at restaurants.
9. In 2010 I took on the challenge of writing a poem a day. I still do this and it brings me joy.
10. I love the Olympics, and especially love Olympic figure skating.
11. I would love to travel Route 66 in an RV and chronicle the trip with photos.
12. Favorite forms of exercise: walking and yoga. They are both free, relaxing, and you can walk or practice yoga anywhere.
13. I would like to learn to knit and crochet.
14. My favorite music decade is the 1960's: the Beatles, Beach Boys, girl groups, and Motown!
15. I ALMOST met Buddy Ebsen when I was a little girl. He was signing autographs at Pearl Vision (as their spokesman) and I got uncharacteristically shy at the thought of meeting "Jed Clampitt" ... so I wouldn't go in.
16. If I could live in a classic TV show for a month, I would pick The Andy Griffith Show. Mayberry, here I come!
So there you have it! I'd love to hear your fun facts in the comments, below.